Friday, April 23, 2010

Ithaca Journal article

Though of course most of my quotes are slightly misquoted - I'm getting used to that, having been interviewed before - the article itself pretty neat. It's about a possible ordinance change for urban chickens in Ithaca, the Common Council had a meeting about it last week. Which I thought interesting because even though I know quite some chicken people nobody seemed to know about the ordinance meeting?! Hopefully there will be a follow up, and I can get my email tree in place in time :-)

www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20104200361

some of the misquotes
- chickens on every block, don't remember saying that... did say quite a number of people have chickens in dutch suburbs, just like having rabbits.
- the Backyard Poultry Day is not organized in collaboration with the Cooperative Extension, though I would have appreciated the help!
- it's not my present neighbors dog, but a neighbor in a rental quite a couple houses ago who left her dog on a leash outside until it barked it's head off, all before we would normally get out of bed in the morning... JK, if you read this: Knickers is fine! a Good Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog