Friday, January 21, 2011

Furry Chrismas Tree Recycling?

I was thinking... seeing all those dumped nice Christmas trees along the roads... how good a goat treat would those make?

I asked Michael my goat guru and he remembered seeing an article on the web about a town collecting all it's trees after new years and donating them to a goat farm, so it's not that unusual of an idea! He did also mention feeding white pine on the other hand (not a xmas tree type pine) can cause miscarriage - very good to know, as we have a large white pine which always looses branches I was intending to feed to my (pregnant) girls!

I brought home a nice looking tree (no spray on glitter etc) and the girls are steadily munching on it - not too much at once, bu munching away none the less :)

See blog article "Christmas Trees recycled by Goats" and article "Rescued Goats eat Discarded Christmas Trees like Candy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog