Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goat's Milk Soap

Since I don't have enough to do, haha, I decided last year to start a side business in milk soap making. Actually, it was not that quick of a decision, making milk soap is one of the reasons I got the dairy goats and my sister is a soap maker as well. When she came over last winter I had a quick three week boot camp, showing me all the do's and don't - of which there are quite a few as lye mixtures and raw soap are hazardous.


Last month I did my first and successful show with my new line of milk soaps and other specialty soaps (anything but water with the lye) at the Trumansburg Winter Fest. I lucked into a bunch of small apple crates from Ludgate Farms closing down to use as backdrops for my very useful and cute looking cut down crates, most of which were broken ones we got when we bought the house years ago. It's nice to have power tools!

For more information, on the business and on my soaps, please visit my site at www. FarMountainFarm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog