Thursday, March 21, 2013

we've got storage!

 
I had the great idea this winter to add shelving to the right of the hallway cabinet (I added the top shelves when we bought the house). This time I made the shelves the height of pint jars only, I have plenty of quart jar shelves above and in the half bath / pantry, which freed up a lot of space everywhere. I was even able to do some sorting, and found some jars of things I did not even remember I had.Or like.
 
And then on a yard sale last fall I found this great metal four drawer map cabinet. It took me a while to figure out where to put it (it's big, and my basement is fully in use) and then how to get it down there! The things heavy! But I found a space, right under my matting table with one inch to spare, it cleaned up real nice and with added wax paper bottoms the drawers are perfect critter proof soap storage. I could even add a second layer of flowers... without bending the drawer out of shape! maybe I'm lucky and I'll find another one...

I love it when things have their own place, are out of the way and I can find them when I need them - it's the little things that make life happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog