Friday, August 20, 2010

haybin plans for goats and other small livestock

During our trip to the Netherlands I noticed two types of hay bin desings I wanted to further check out. I took a bunch of pics of both of them and decided to try and built the one with the feeding tray for our flock. I have a small rectangular hay bin but I like the built in tray and since the other one is in the kids area now we have a need for another one.


To give you an idea I'll post pics of both, though of course I do not have any blueprint type plans. I might keep track of the measurements of the one we're going to build. Keep in mind the Europe standard is not a 2x4" but more like a 2x3", so judging the measurements is a little tricky. But hey, it does not have the be identical, as long as it is functional :-) I plan to use a piece of sheet metal roofing and will use the width of that to measure everything else from...

I also like that this version is freestanding, unlike the other one which would need two posts placed in a deep enough secure manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog