Monday, August 30, 2010

something to share...

A small part of your vegetable harvest of this year, including fltr cucumber, lemon cucumber, more ball zucchini and three types of heirloom regular zucchini... We had playgroup that afternoon, and these veggies were for the taking. Anything left over goes into the basement, where it keeps fine for at least a couple a weeks. I love my basement!


Part of my new flower garden...
I used old snow fencing to keep the chickens out - too much scratching - which makes for a very photogenic wood fence! This is cosmos, grown from seed. The plan (for now) is to grow perennials in the bed closest to the greenhouse and sow the rest in with annuals, like cosmos, nasturtium, morning glory, sunflowers and marigolds. I even found a couple bags of dahlia bulbs for free I planted just in time late spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog