Friday, May 14, 2010

and more metzendorf...

It was a bit of a challenge to decide what to do with the color scheme of the inside of the camper. The whole thing was painted flat grey which just looked and felt dirty in whatever light you looked at it... Originally it was a beautiful varnished rich wood tones, but that's not in my power of resurrection so we decided on white with one accent color. I did like the solid pastel painted campers I'd seen before, but I kinda only like turquoise and that did not really go with the mossy green accent in the formica tops... and to paint another thing completely yellow (even pale yellow...) would probably not have been received real happy by my hubbie :-)

Rolf picked out this rich orange called Arizona Sunset (guess where he would like to tow the camper too...) and I found a couple of fabrics to match. Even though orange is more of a seventies color, I do think it will work as the fabric patter of both the couch and the little curtains will have a distinct fifties design.

When painting the drawers I decided to use yellow (we have tons of it from a previous project) for the bottom storage drawers to break up the pattern of white/orange a bit.

The small piece is upholstery fabric for the back cushions, the bottom couch cushions are solid orange. The dotted piece is the curtain fabric, which will be lined with vintage 80's curtain liner recycled from old drapes left in our house when we bought it ten years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog