Thursday, May 6, 2010

chicken day at the farmers market!

Part of the event, with my A-frame coop in the foreground, some other person's coop examples in the back, and the market booth with Karma and her chicks and ducks (where all the people are :-)

I built the A-frame myself, based on pics from eBay and google, with the goal to use only recycled materials. I did have to buy three hinges, other than that the wood is either left overs from the build of our workshop (tongue and groove) and scrapwood collected at Lowe's.

I did have to downsize so it would fit in my smallish trailer, so it's only 3x6 feet (too small for regular chickens). Next year I'm making a full size version (a local eBay vendor donated the plans for advertising during the Day) which will be for sale!

One of our visitors, who brought her own pullet! Her mom carried an easter basket around, for when the girl was tired carrying the chick (I did not see it get used...). The event drew a lot of chicken enthusiasts, including many people from out of town! We did have a couple of last minute participant cancellations (learning curve for next time) but all in all it looked good and had a good vibe. Guess there will be a 2nd annual next year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog