Friday, May 28, 2010

old handles versus new handles...

After seeing pics of the new handles I really like (as did she) but did not choose, my sister wanted to see what the other handles look like. For reference, above is a pic of a horizontal chrome handle original to the trailer - all the other cabinet doors and small drawers had wooden knobs.

Here you see the vintage chrome drawer pull knobs (they came out of our 1960's kitchen) and the chrome cabinet handle I found at Significant Elements. It has the same "bent curve" up front as the original drawer handles, and I really like the asymmetry of the vertical use (bigger on top, smaller on bottom). I did not drill the second hole yet, though... and the retro knobs are still on my desk as well... (I did not get the return mailer yet, honest!)

For all the pics about the trailer restoration adventure you can visit my (new) Picasa web album Metzendorf Mania!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog