Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Greni and Susan perform as Icelandic Vikings!

Susan Verberg and Greni from Blasted Rock entered the Musical Movement Event at Carriage house Saddlery Sunday December 2nd dressed up as Icelandic Vikings! We did a basic dressage pattern on the song "Hounds of Winter" by Sting - and we won best music selection! Next year we'll elaborate on the pattern as he was very calm and cooperative (not so in the outdoor warm up arena with ripping winds from all directions...) but for now our goal was to participate, hopefully successful, which we did with flying colors and a lot of positive remarks!
I am wearing a period Viking female costume (with split skirt to accommodate riding) and I braided Greni an eight strand breast collar and a six strand headstall (from orange bailing twine - for one time use) to color coordinate with me. I did take a week to accustom Greni to the costume, especially the skirt (it was a no go on my hooded cape) but we tried the routine pattern only once as we do not have access to a marked and flat arena. Which was fine, as long as I knew where we were going - Greni like most Icelandics I think does not like to practice something done well enough more than once anyway. It was fun!

http://youtu.be/faSMgh-9c9M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog