Wednesday, December 5, 2012

pony in, goat out

Greni did not seem to be loosing all that much weight so at the end of the summer I made these two swinging gates. This way Greni is confined to a small rectangular space at the barn but the goats can wander in and out at will. It works great, except now Greni is hanging over the fence to try and reach the grass over there!

So, one morning I walk down to the barn to feed the critters and I see a pony in front of the barn... not behind it like normal. Low and behold, Greni is standing, quietly and a bit sheepish, on the grass yard in front cause he had fallen right thru the side fence! You could see two gouched hoofprints in the lawn where he'd landed (and I swear I saw a nose print :) and at least half a dozen poopy piles on the outside of the pasture where he'd quietly waiting for mommy to put him back where he belongs! So now I have another piece of fence I need to fix...

I was thinking to add a hot wire on top of the fence to prevent coyotes to jump it and devour my goats, now I'm thinking to add a hot wire on top to prevent my idiotic pony from destroying it :)

But, he did not run away, or even wander off, and I'm happy to know that! Maybe it's not that bad living with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog